Okay, y’all know I’m a birth photographer. You know what I’m going to say. But you clicked the link, so I’m guessing you want to know what I’m going to say about why.
I always tell people that I hope they’ll at least have some kind of photos from their birth. Cell phone photos are better than no photos. Even if you’re not really sure right now if you’re going to want photos from your birth, I promise you are going to appreciate them later. They will be a huge gift to your future self.
In fact, if you make arrangements for photos at your birth, you should go ahead and buy yourself a yummy treat as a thank-you from your future self. 😉
You may not want every intimate detail (or maybe you do!), but you are going to want to see how your partner supported you. You are going to want to see your baby’s face in those first minutes after birth. You are going to want to remember the emotion. You are going to want to see what you did.
Now, you can definitely get some bits of that with a friend or partner doing cell phone pics. But I want you to imagine what a professional birth photographer can provide for you.
1) All the most important parts of your birth. With a solid knowledge of the flow of birth, we’re ready for the good moments before they come. We know what to watch for.
2) You see all the special details. We’ve trained our eyes to spot all those delightful details and we’re always watching for them. You might not even be that aware of them in the moment, but you will love knowing what was happening afterward.
3) Since our only job is to document your birth, we don’t have to juggle multiple roles like your partner would need to. In fact, your partner will be in the photos rather than stepping away from you to take photos of you alone.
4) Because of the high-quality equipment we use, you get photos that are clear and beautiful. With our editing skills, you get photos that positively shine.
5) Art. Not only are your photos clear and beautiful, they’re thoughtful and artistic. They’re made through more than pointing a camera in the right direction. We bring an artist’s eye and understanding of the best angles, lighting, and how to compose a photo. (And with me, you get your artwork custom printed for you as part of the process!)
6) You get the whole story. Not just the moments when someone had a free hand and thinks to take a picture.
7) Peace of mind.
Think you might be ready take a step in this direction? Go explore what I have to offer a little more! And maybe hit that contact form before you’re done!